We would love to hear from you! Please share any questions, complaints or feedback with us.
What does the Voyager Breath Monitor measure and what is a Ketone Score?
The Voyager Breath Monitor is a product that measures the concentration of acetone in the client’s breath. The presence of acetone in the client’s body indicates that the body is metabolizing fatty acids for energy instead of other fuel sources, such as carbohydrates or protein. Detecting acetone buildup can serve a number of non-medical purposes, for example, indicating qualitatively how much fat the client is burning after exercise or whether they are following a high fat, low carbohydrate diet. The Voyager Breath Monitor harnesses this concept in a relatively small and portable electronic product which will allow the client to measure and keep track of their personal acetone levels as a wellness indicator. Using the measured ketone levels, the Voyager Breath Monitor reports a “Ketone Score”, an intuitive, proprietary unit of measure. The Voyager App allows you to plot the client’s Ketone Score each day and associate the trend of the Ketone Score with certain events, like diet changes or setbacks.
How is Ketone Score related to ketones and what are the expected values?
The Ketone Score corresponds to the amount of ketone in the client’s breath as measured in units of parts-per-million (ppm) which is a common unit of measure in chemistry. A Ketone Score of 1 is reflective of healthy, normal levels for individuals not on a low carbohydrate diet. For most individuals, this value will represent the baseline. Individuals on a low-carbohydrate diet program can expect a Ketone Score between 3 and 10. Levels above 20 are present in some individuals, but it is relatively uncommon and more prevalent when exercising or performing a fat-fast in combination with a low-carbohydrate diet program.
How much are my Ketone Scores expected to change from day to day?
While Ketone Scores may change from day to day just due to normal fluctuation (the amount varies by client), larger changes are expected in response to important lifestyle factors. It is very important that for the purposes of trending, the Voyager Breath Monitor values be taken upon wakening, before eating or exercising. Invoy recommends late day measurements only as a supplement to morning measurements. It is important to note that an unusual composition of the evening meal will affect the morning measurement (i.e., the FBN may be lower if the Evening Meal contained a higher than usual number of carbohydrates or certain forms of protein). Most users find that a weight loss coach familiar with the Voyager Breath Monitor and these factors is helpful in interpreting the Ketone Score plots.
I do not want to pay a monthly fee, but I do want to measure my Ketone Score 2-3 times a week. Can I still participate?
Ketone monitoring is most informative when performed by clients at home once or twice daily. Infrequent measurements (for example, 2-3 times per week) do not allow the client to fully understand the plot and associate the trend of the Ketone Score with certain events, like diet changes or setbacks. It is important to separate normal fluctuation from the change associated with diet changes and dietary indiscretions. Therefore, infrequent measurements will keep the client from getting the most out of the motivation and education offered by the Voyager Breath Monitor.
The following list presents common issues and troubleshooting steps that attempt to fix any issues that may arise while using the Voyager Breath Monitor or the Voyager App. If the issue persists, contact Invoy Technologies for further troubleshooting.
- CANNOT CONNECT. If the Voyager App is unable to connect to the Voyager Breath Monitor press the cancel button and then restart the Voyager Breath Monitor by tapping on the button on the back of the device. Once restarted, try to re-perform the reading.
- START BUTTON DOES NOT WORK. The start button in the "New Reading” is disabled until both the cartridge and the breath bag are inserted. Ensure that both are inserted.
- CANNOT SIGN INTO THE DEVICE. Make sure that you are connected to the internet. You may need to enable cellular data or WiFi on your mobile device. If you are connected to the internet ensure that you are using the correct email and password combination. You can use the “Forgot Password” button if you feel like you cannot remember.
The Voyager Breath Monitor may occasionally encounter errors during use. A message describing these errors will be presented via the Voyager Breath Monitor App and will be accompanied with a detailed summary and troubleshooting information. If the issue persists, contact Invoy Technologies for further troubleshooting.
- Error USED CARTRIDGE. The Voyager Breath Monitor has detected that a previously-used cartridge was used for this reading. Remove and discard the cartridge and insert a new one.
- Error IMPROPER REMOVAL. The Voyager Breath Monitor has detected that the cartridge or breath bag has been removed while performing a reading. Both the cartridge and the breath bag must remain attached for the duration of the reading. Remove and discard the cartridge that you just inserted. Re-perform the reading with a new cartridge and a new breath sample.
- Error READING ERROR. The Voyager Breath Monitor has detected an error while performing a reading. Remove and discard the cartridge that you just inserted. Re-perform the reading with a new cartridge and a new breath sample.